The Magical Properties of Chamomile in Witchcraft
Updated: July 27, 2022
Chamomile Flowers are sweet-scented herbs that leave a trace of apple or vanilla-like fragrance in the air. Its most magical energy is centered on providing a soothing and calming effect on anyone, turning any negative energy into positive and beneficial ones.
Chamomile is a dry, fiery herb that produces a slow yet steady warmth that induces a calming sensation to the body. The feathery leaves and white flowers of Chamomile hold a ray of positivity and a gentle spirit that keeps you centered and aligned with your energetic flow.
It is considered as a cure-all herb and was often used as an offering to the gods and goddesses of the ancient Egyptians. As a part of ancient earth practices, Chamomile Flowers are used in many prosperity spells and rituals.
Chamomile Flowers have been medicinal plants for centuries. This herb is also referred to as a childbed flower because of its comforting and gentle healing capacity that is best for curing childhood ailments. Chamomile also earned its nickname ‘plant’s physician’ through its healing presence that extends even to other neighboring plants.
With influential magical attributes and sunny nature, Chamomile is commonly planted and used by modern witches as a natural first-aid home remedy to illnesses of the mind and body.
Chamomile Flowers mirror the beauty of tenderness. They release heavy emotions of guilt and inspire people to let go of grudges. Chamomile guarantees protection, abundance, and healing experiences while gently touching the soul with its loving and compassionate hands.
Chamomile Flowers Correspondences
- Planet: Sun
- Sign: Aquarius
- Element: Water
- Energy: Masculine
- Deities: Lugh, Ra, Cernunnos
Magical Uses of Chamomile Flowers
- Luck: If you want to attract luck in relationships and business ventures, Chamomile Flowers can be used as an infusion or as a lucky charm.
- Tranquility: Witches who love to relax can find their haven with Chamomile, use it in every meditation practice or slip a leaf under your bed or pillow.
- Protection: To protect your home and family members against dangerous forces, Chamomile Flowers can be used as a floor wash.
- Harmony: For witches who struggle to resolve a conflict between their friends and loved ones, Chamomile Flowers can be added in potpourris.
- Love: Whether a witch desires to attract or let go of someone they used to love, Chamomile can be added in baths and used in love potions.
- Prevents Osteoporosis: Chamomile tea is believed to have anti-estrogenic effects and helps promote robust bone health.
- Reduces Inflammation: Herbalists believe that Chamomile tea carries chemical compounds that assist in reducing swelling and fights infections that may cause itching and redness on the skin.
- Treats Cold Symptoms: When used as an extract, Chamomile is thought to treat common cold symptoms that may lead to other infectious diseases.
- Cures Mild Skin Conditions: Chamomile essential oil is believed to assist in healing wounds, eczema, and other skin conditions.
- Mild Sedative: Herbalists believe that Chamomile essential oil can induce calming effects on the body and is also an exceptional sleep-inducer.
Witchcraft & Chamomile Flowers
Whether a witch desires to win in games or ensure good luck in their daily activities, they would need to wash their hands with Chamomile tea before playing or going out from their house. To attract general luck or abundance, carry a Chamomile flower in your pocket or wear a garland around your hair and make a Chamomile bracelet from its lucky flowers.
For witches who struggle in steadying their emotions and calming their nerves, drinking Chamomile tea will promote relaxation and meditation. Adding some Chamomile tea to your bath water will also purify your emotions and relax your mind after a long, busy day. Calm your mind and find serenity, by sprinkling powdered Chamomile inside your shoes to help you release any undesirable energy that may bring confusion and other negative emotions.
Chamomile is an effective herb that removes curses and creates a circle of protection for your home and family. Make floor washes and sweeps using Chamomile to ward off negative energy.
You can plant it around your home to defend your place against fires and lightning strikes. Steep its flowers in hot water and sprinkle around the house as a metaphysical barrier or carry a sachet with you to avoid magical or physical danger.
Having peace of mind and a harmonious home is crucial for every witch to perform efficient magical spells and concentrate on their daily tasks. Using Chamomile in potpourri creates a harmonious atmosphere at home and a prosperous relationship with your loved ones. Pulverize dried Chamomile Flowers with a mortar and pestle, and burn it as a daily incense to filter fiery emotions of hate and anger that might enter your home.
If you are seeking a new relationship, a simple Chamomile bath to wash your hair and face while envisioning your lover will boost your attractiveness to the opposite sex. Try brewing a strong love spell tea and drink it with your lover before you sleep for a romantic night. To ward off unwanted suitors or persons, create love potions, and choose Chamomile Flowers as the main ingredient.