The Magical Properties of Passion Flower in Witchcraft
Updated: July 27, 2022
A perennial herb, Passion Flower is a climbing vine that thrives abundantly in European regions and is a native in Southeastern parts of America. The parts of this plant that grows over the ground are utilized in a variety of forms to facilitate natural healing and as a food flavoring agent.
Passion Flower is not as fiery and intense when it comes to its effects as opposed to its name. It has a distinct energy that helps in easing one’s worries and even soothes any turbulent emotions.
As a magical and healing herb that has been around since ancient times, it is undeniable that Passion Flower possesses a striking appearance and also bears an equally enchanting and edible fruit that is sometimes referred to as “maypop” because of the popping sound it creates when pressed.
This herb is also recognized as a representation of the crucifixion of Christ. History has it that the Passion Flower was first discovered by Spanish explorers and thought of the plant as a symbol of Christ’s passion and approval for their expeditions.
In modern times, Passion Flower’s healing abilities are put to action by using it to lower the blood pressure and increase the respiration rate to release toxins from the body.
Passion Flower offers tranquility to the household that is experiencing difficulties or tensions. Whenever you carry Passion Flower, it breeds hospitality, and good social relationships, and eliminates indifference. In diverse life circumstances, Passion Flower is a magnificent herb to have in your garden or pantry.
Passion Flower Correspondences
- Planet: Venus
- Sign: Leo
- Element: Water
- Energy: Feminine
- Deities: Flora, Aphrodite, Feronia
Magical Uses of Passion Flower
- Sleep: To ensure a good night’s sleep and ease the exhaustion every witch feels, sprigs of Passion Flower can be added in sachets and sleep meditations.
- Happiness: For witches to keep their optimism even when times get rough, a Passion Flower can be used by carrying it in a mojo bag wherever you go.
- Love: To attract the opposite sex and luck in romance, Passion Flower essential oils can be used in baths or as a lucky love charm.
- Harmony: In maintaining peace in every witch’s homestead, Passion Flower can be grown in your garden or prepared as tea.
- Healing: Passion Flower can be used in incense during meditation or as a salve to bring universal healing in the mind, heart, and body.
- Reduces Menopausal Effects: Passion Flower is thought to lessen the effects brought by menopause like hot flushes and urinary tract infections.
- Anti-Inflammatory: Herbalists believe that Passion Flower has anti-inflammatory properties that reduce swelling and redness in the skin.
- Lessens Sugar Levels: It is believed that Passion Flower reduces blood sugar levels by maintaining the body’s healthy blood circulation.
- Cures Respiratory Ailments: Passion Flower is believed to relieve whooping coughs and cure asthma attacks.
- Improves Sleep: Herbalists believe that Passion Flower lowers brain activity which helps in relaxing your body to sleep better.
Witchcraft & Passion Flower
Sleeping is the most effective way for witches to reset their bodies, spirit, and mind to conquer greater life adversities as a new day begins. Placing a sprig of dried Passion Flower beneath your pillow will encourage a good night’s sleep.
Make an incense using petals of Passion Flower and allow its smoke to spread across your room, this gives a relaxing feeling and calms your mind and spirit to give you a deep and satisfying sleeping time.
With all the negativity witches encounter every day, most of them find it hard to keep their heads high and maintain an optimistic attitude. Wearing an amulet with a touch of Passion Flower in it before going out helps to dispel negative forces from stealing your happiness.
Also, carrying Passion Flower lucky charms will bless you with happiness that multiplies to anywhere you go and with anyone you are with.
Witches can make use of their Passion Flower plant for romantic purposes by making it a part of their love charms. Let love cling to you and your homestead by carrying dried Passion Flower leaves or roots in a red flannel bag dressed with Love Me Oil. You may also bath in an infusion of Passion Flower in five straight days to attract the opposite sex.
Peace, unity, and harmony. These three words promote a positive attitude and are crucial to every witch who wishes to improve their living conditions. Growing Passion Flower in your home calms troubles and arguments between families.
Use this herb as a wash to diminish disagreements and chaotic situations. Put a cup of tea outside during the full moon and add it on your bath water for it to fill you with peace.
Let Passion Flower facilitate its ability of intense healing in the heart, by carrying it in a green cloth bag with you. Boil this herb and add two cups of light virgin oil and create a magickal essential oil that can be applied on your temples and wrists to heal any present problems that occur in relationships.