The Magical Properties of White Sage in Witchcraft
Updated: July 28, 2022
White Sage is one of the most common garden herbs with a sweet and savory aroma belonging to the mint family. This herb prefers temperate climates and possesses velvety leaves that release their attractive fragrance when rubbed or crushed.
In European traditions, White Sage was associated with longevity, wisdom, and eternal life. Known as the ultimate Witches herb, White Sage has a wide spectrum of magical and enchanting properties.
As an old English custom, White Sage is consumed every day in May to grant immortality. In the Middle Ages, White Sage is used to treat fevers, epilepsy, and liver disease and drunk as a healthful tonic to strengthen the memory.
White Sage leaves and bundles make a great addition to sachets and potpourri bowls. It is deeply associated with Manifestation Magic and witches love to crush the dried herb for purification incenses.
Witches adore growing White Sage because it prospers in most home gardens and it also repels pests and thrives without much attention needed. Products such as Sage tea and essential oils help every witch in magickal and medicinal works.
White Sage is adored for its many uses. This herb keeps things clean and maintains order in your daily life. White Sage does not only keep energies positive but is also an esteemed spiritual janitor that helps you reach out to higher realms for guidance and protection in every moment of your life.
White Sage Correspondences
- Planet: Jupiter, Moon
- Sign: Gemini
- Element: Air, Earth
- Energy: Masculine
- Deities: Zeus, Virgin Mary, Zeus
Magical Uses of White Sage
- Cleansing: To dispel unseen negative forces that surround your home, White Sage can be used in the smudging and washing magical tools.
- Granting Wishes: If your mind is flooded with wishes, White Sage can be used in spells and rituals to turn your wishes into reality.
- Mental Clarity: When you find yourself confused in various situations, White Sage can be burned as incense or drank as tea to clear your mind.
- Love: White Sage can be used in love spells to attract romance or shoo away feelings for an unwanted love.
- Protection: With its strong protective powers, White Sage can be used as an incense or in sachets to keep you guarded.
- Lowers Sugar Levels: White Sage is believed to have anti-hyperglycemic properties that lower the average glucose levels.
- Improves Brain Function: Herbalists believe that White Sage contains plant-based chemical compounds that act as antioxidants that help in improving the memory and other brain functions.
- Supports Oral Health: It is thought that White Sage effectively kills bacteria that may cause dental cavities, infected gums, and mouth ulcers.
- Combats Skin Aging: Herbalists believe that White Sage helps fight signs of aging such as wrinkles and age spots.
- Promotes Bone Health: White Sage is believed to offer large amounts of Vitamin K that helps avoid bone thinning and fractures.
Witchcraft & White Sage
Clearing blockages and negative energies are constant challenges to every witch who wants to keep their mind and living space purified. Use White Sage smudge bundles, burn them during ritual cleansing.
You can also boil sage for purifying baths or use its cleansing magic in purifying spells. It is an ideal way to use White Sage in smoking your crystals and magical tools from any negative spirits that may have inhabited them.
Witches or not, we all have wishes we want to come true. Whether we wish for a new love to come, success, or good health, it is truly fitting to count on nature’s wish-granting endowment.
Writing your wish on a sage leaf and sleeping with it under your pillow for three days will help you turn these wishes into reality. Burying it in the backyard will release your intentions to the greater realms.
With all the things that are happening in today’s time, staying away from stress and toxicity is never easy. Tuck a White Sage leaf behind your ear to call in wisdom and sharp decision-making skills.
Add sage to mojo bags or drink sage tea to heal exhausting emotions and spiritual disquiet. Keep your mind balanced by pinching off a fresh sprig from the garden and let it dry on the altar to invite a quiet mental atmosphere.
When you find yourself trapped in an unhealthy cycle of relationship with someone who is not the right person for you, burn some White Sage every night next to a photo of the person until your desire wanes. White Sage can also be used as an incense to attract the person you like and lit a fire to kickstart your romance.
Wearing masks and other protective gear may not be enough to keep yourself secured from harmful things. White Sage is also a powerful protective herb. Wear a horn full of Sage to protect you from the evil eye or burn it to dispel negative energy that may bring bad luck or illnesses to your home and family members.