3 Noteworthy Tarot Spreads for Mabon
Updated: July 24, 2022
A time of balance, when the days equal the length of nights and the air is neither overpowered by warmth nor cold.
A Time for Contemplation
During the changing of the seasons, it is important to take the opportunity to recognize what has passed and contemplate on one’s life journey. What experiences can you recall that led you to where you are today? What are the few things that you think you have successfully manifested?
Diving deeper into yourself through your intuition is just one of the ways that you can fully grasp the message behind each experience.
Light in the Darkness (3-Card Spread)
- As the colder days are approaching, what will wither and die?
- What are the energies that I need to cultivate to thrive in the coming months?
- How can I become the light in the perpetuating darkness?
This simple 3-card spread is primarily focused on the darker areas in our life. Because Mabon is a transition phase to the colder and darker nights, we are reminded to accept the things that we cannot control and rather explore ways to thrive in spite of our circumstances.
Mabon Blessings (5-Card Spread)
- This year’s harvest to be celebrated
- My contribution to the harvest
- The greatest challenge of the year’s work
- What must be realigned within me
- Part of the harvest that I must pass on to others
Mabon is a time to harvest what you have sown. It is a time of abundance, grace, and blessing. This 5-card spread will help you reflect on your achievements, recognize your efforts (even the small ones), and know how you can pass this year’s blessing to others.
Keep Your Balance (7-Card Spread)
- How can I keep my soul awake during this season of darkness?
- What should I act upon to balance the feminine and masculine energies?
- What area in my life is bound to thrive in the time of darkness?
- How can I ignite passion in my life?
- What are the preparations to be made for the approaching cold period?
- How can I become an instrument of light?
- My Autumn Equinox blessing.
Balance is a significant theme for Mabon across different beliefs. This 7-card spread aims to keep your awareness on areas that you might have missed on or poured too much on and to remind you of your worthiness to receive bountiful blessings.
Which One Should I Use?
Knowing which spread to use requires a bit of intuitive work. Just like picking a crystal or choosing the perfect tool to use for divination, picking a spread should also be done with consideration of your spiritual needs.
For instance, if you think you might have blockages that need to be addressed, consider spread #1 (Light in the Darkness). If you are recently struggling to take action, consider spread #3 (Keep Your Balance). Nonetheless, it is best to stick with the spread that resonates with your current energy.